It may become necessary to remove road markings for the following reasons:
- Existing lines may have become too thick or emboldened and pose a trip hazard for pedestrians and a risk to motorists
- A proposed new road layout may not be compatible with the existing road lines. Redesign of car park or safety markings may be needed
There are differing methods of road marking removal, depending on the road surface and environmental conditions. RSC Group can offer and are proficient in each of the following:
- HCA (Thermal Lance): is the procedure of using gas and compressed air to remove road marking lines.
- Scarification: the breaking up of hard or compacted thermoplastic using a mechanically driven rotating drum with protruding picks or flails. Any debris created will be removed using a road sweeper and then disposed of in full compliance with legislation and best practice.
- Water blasting: the most advanced method where a hydro blast machine uses ultra-high pressurized water (up to 40,000 psi) to remove road markings. This machine is connected to a vacuum system which removes all debris which is again disposed of in full compliance with legislation and best practice.